We need to focus on issues that pertain to and affect people in House District 15.
When formulating a platform and an issue-based agenda, I believe that it is important to realize that we are all more alike than we are different. Also, there are fundamental issues that many of us can agree upon without letting negativity, divisiveness, and partisan disputes get in the way of improving the lives of the people in House District 15 and Tennessee as a whole.
VOTING RIGHTS PACKAGE
• Automatic voter registration.
• Internet voting.
• Same-day voter registration.
• Voting rights restoration.
• Raise teachers pay significantly.
• Repeal voucher program.
• Charter schools controlled by local communities.
• Create a Tennessee version of the Federal Green New Deal that has not passed congress. The Green New Deal is a program for moving America quickly out of crisis into a secure, sustainable future. Inspired by the New Deal that helped America out of the Great Depression of the 1930s.
• Enact a Green New Deal for Tennessee to turn the tide on climate change.
• Create jobs by transitioning to 100% clean renewable energy by 2040.
• Investing in sustainable (regenerative) agriculture.
• Redirect research funds from fossil fuels into renewable energy and conservation.
• Expand Medicaid for all Tennesseans.
• Fight opioid addiction.
• Checks and balances on the prescription drug industry to fight the opioid epidemic.
LGBTQIA + RIGHTS
• Fight against anti-LGBTQIA + policies in Tennessee State Legislature.
• Require unbiased treatment and access to healthcare for LGBTQIA+ individuals.
• Oppose any and all anti-LGBTQIA + legislation.
• Care and support of Tennessee veterans and their families.
• Continuing education initiatives for service members and spouses.
• Local mental health services for veterans.
• Ensure that no veteran is homeless.
2ND AMENDMENT RIGHT
• Strongly support the Second Amendment Rights to bear arms.
• Guard law-abiding Tennesseans’ right to keep and own firearms.
EQUALITY & JUSTICE
• Establish a Tennessee Social Justice Committee.
• Support Black Lives Matter.
WOMEN’S REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS
• Fight to ensure women control their healthcare decisions.
• The Roe Act: Strengthen Tennessee’s State Law to prohibit restrictions on access to abortion. TRUST WOMEN!
• Protect women’s rights to choose and their access to contraception.
• Limit qualified immunity.
• Create a database for all law enforcement licensed officers and discipline of officers.
• Raise Police pay significantly for professional certified officers (two years of higher education studies in law enforcement or two years of military service).
Your voice matters and voting is essential to having your voice heard. Above are some issues that I support that will improve our democracy and engage more people into conversation around policy and good governance.